Monday, January 12, 2009

Missing my Fudge

Seems that I forgot an important part of the holiday this year. FUDGE! I know that we had snow and rain and flooding, but that's no excuse for forgetting this decadent scrumptious holiday goodie.

Now, my only dilemma is "what" kind of fudge am I making. Do I make the Festive Fudge recipe from Borden (with sweet condensed milk) or the Fantasy Fudge from Kraft (with marshmallows). Hum?

Here's a recipe my sister Luann told me about. Maybe I'll try it.

See's Fudge Ingredients
2 cups Pecans chopped
10 each Large marshmallows quartered
1 stick Butter
2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 small can Evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups Semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions:

Coat a platter or dish with butter. Put the first 5 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix the evaporated milk and sugar in a medium sized sauce pan and heat to a low boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring for 6 minutes. Immediately pour the milk and sugar mixture over the chocolate chip mixture in the bowl and begin mixing. Mix well until all the marshmellows are completely melted. Pour the fudge on to the buttered platter and refrigerate until firm. Lick that spoon! Yum..... After the candy hardens, cut into cubes and serve. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments: